Ximena is a Partner at Arias Guatemala since January 2016. She has experience in Corporate and Commercial Law, having advised various business groups in Guatemala in relation to its structure and acquisition. She has worked with intellectual property related transactions, trusts and atypical contracts and has participated in projects related to the electricity sector and Information Law.
Ximena has served as assistant professor at Universidad Rafael Landivar in Guatemala, and as a tenured professor at Universidad del Valle de Guatemala.
- Degree in legal and social sciences from Universidad Rafael Landívar de Guatemala.
- Attorney and Public Notary from Faculty of Law and Social Sciences of Universidad Rafael Landivar, Guatemala.
- Degree in Commercial Law. Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá, Colombia.
- Degree in Corporate and Tax Law. Universidad del Istmo, Guatemala.
- Studies in Management Engineering. Universidad Rafael Landivar, Guatemala.
- Leading Lawyer in The Legal 500
- Ximena has been named "Associate to watch" for her practice in the Corporate/Mergers and Acquisitions department by the prestigious guides Chambers Global (2014 - 2015) and Chambers Latin America (2014 to 2016).
- “A brilliant lawyer who is highly organized, straightforward and reliable.” Chambers Latin America 2016
- “She is great to work with and is a key member of the team.” Chambers Latin America 2016
- “A solid lawyer with excellent experience.” Chambers Latin America 2015
- Guatemala Bar Association since 2004.
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- Guatemalan Institute of Tax Law
Her role in the community
In her role as lawyer and notary, Ximena has served on numerous occasions, along with other members of Arias, in collective civil marriages organized by the National Registry of Persons - RENAP