Carolina is the head leader of the Labor Department, given her extensive experience in labor and social security law.
During her career Mrs. Soto has participated in several labor trials before the Costa Rican Supreme Court and has represented multiple multinational companies before governmental institutions. Also, she has been in charge of large negotiating processes and company shutdowns. As part of a continuous capacitation program for current clients and public in general, Carolina develops several seminars in labor matters every year. She has participated in merge and acquisition processes that include the most important private banks in Costa Rica, in multinational transactions and complex labor conditions standardization for companies.
She is always giving regular labor law advice to companies with more than 1,500 employees in Costa Rica, regarding the three different stages of a labor relationship.
- Master’s degree in labor law and Social Security, Universidad Estatal a Distancia, Costa Rica, (2006).
- Law Degree, University of Costa Rica, San José, Costa Rica, (2002).
- Costa Rican Bar Association.
- National Notary Directorate.
- Publications in The Employment Law Review in 2011, 2012, 2013.
- Chambers and Partners 2019 and 2020 (Band 3)
- The Legal 500 (Tier 2)