Carolina joined in 2019 the Corporate Law Department, where she participates in high impact cases, both national and international in corporate matters, finance and Mergers and Acquisitions.
She has work for Law Firms since 2001. Her practice is mainly focused in corporate law. Her experience includes corporate transactions involving local and international corporations, such as complex due diligence projects, corporate restructurings, Mergers and Acquisitions, designing of legal structure of Joint Ventures and strategic alliances. Real estate finance and banking transactions.
- Law Degree, Cum Laude, from Francisco Marroquín University, Guatemala, 2005.
- Authorized as a practicing Attorney and Notary Public, from Francisco Marroquín University, Guatemala, 2005.
- Master’s in Business Law, from Alcalá University, Spain, 2007.
- Diploma in International Commercial Arbitration, from Alcalá University, Spain, 2007.
Her role in the community
- Currently she is the Coordinator of the Work and Investigation Internships from Del Istmo University, Guatemala.
- She has been professor of Del Istmo University, where she also collaborates as Thesis Advisor and she has conformed different examiner boards of the Professional Technical Exam at Del Istmo University, Guatemala.
- She has participated as Judge in the Nacional Rounds for Jessup in Guatemala.
- She has participated as Arbitrator in the Commercial Arbitration Moot Court organized by CRECIG in Guatemala.
- Member of the team who participated in Willem C. Vis Moot Court, in Vienna, Austria, 2003.
- Member of the team who participated in Philipp C. Jessup Moot Court, Spirit of Jessup Award winners, in Washington, D.C. United States of America, 2002.
- Member of the team who participated in Eduardo Jiménez de Aréchaga Moot Court, in San José, Costa Rica, 2001.
- Guatemalan Bar Association
- Digital Publication Connections by Terralex. Colaborative article titled: “The Central America Approach to Cybersecurity and Data Protection”. January 2016.
- Juridical Publication Internationalization from Barrilero y Asociados Law Firm, Spain. Colaborative article titled: “Spanish investments in Guatemala”. October 2015.
- Thesis: “Legal conflicts that emerge from the use of Internet and their impact in Guatemalan legal system.” June 2005.