Ricardo joined the firm in 2019 with over 10 years of experience in Tax Law, both in the private and public sectors.
During his career, he has advised multinational companies in different industries on matters related to local Panamanian taxation, including special regimes and free trade zones, as well as on international matters related to the application of tax treaties. He also served as head of the International Taxation Department of the Panama Tax Authority, where he oversaw the application of tax treaties and the exchange of tax information with foreign tax administrations.
Additionally, he has taught the International Taxation module in the Masters in Taxation program at the Universidad Especializada del Contador Público Autorizado (UNESCPA).
Over 8 years of experience in tax advisory in "Big 4" firms. Served for 2 years as the head of the International Taxation department of the Panama Tax Authority.
- Bachelor of Law and Political Sciences from Universidad Católica Santa Maria La Antigua.
- Master Degree in Taxation from Universidad Especializada del Contador Público Autorizado (UNESCPA).
- Advanced LL.M. in International Tax Law from Universidad Leiden.
- Member of the Panamanian chapter of the International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- Former vice-chair of the tax and legal committee of the American Chamber of Commerce of Panama (AmCham)
- Portuguese (intermediate)
- Italian (basic)