Luisa Rivas has focused her practice in corporate, commercial, financial and energy law, advising national and international companies, with emphasis on corporate, energy, contracts and mergers and acquisitions. Luisa has participated in several local and multi-jurisdictional legal transactions, advising different business groups in relation to their structure and acquisition, negotiation and execution of acquisitions, and corporate planning.
She has experience in structuring financing and advising several companies in regulated industries, including energy on matters related to contracts for the sale and supply of energy, maintenance of electrical installations, the energy market, and also advised from a regulatory perspective on the establishment and operation of electrical installations related with the generation and distribution of energy. She also advises the development of public infrastructure projects through traditional procedures such as public tenders and innovative commercial structures.
- PhD in Private Law from Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona.
- Masters in Business Law from Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona.
- Master's Degree in Financial and Business Law from the Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana of Colombia.
- Law Degree from Universidad Dr. José Matías Delgado.
- Attended the Negotiation Program at the Harvard Negotiation Institute, Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Listed as "Next Generation Lawyer" by The Legal 500.
- Listed as "Highly Regarded" by IFLR 1000.
- Women in Business Law 2020