Iván joined the corporate practice of Arias in 2020.
Iván has previous experience, as local counsel, in international capital markets transactions, specifically related with bond emissions, as well as experience in M&A transactions and general corporate advice.
Previously, Iván worked for the corporate department of a regional law firm, where he made part of teams serving as local counsel, for issuers and underwriters, of bond emissions in the international capital markets, mostly performed pursuant to the 144A rule of the Securities Act and under Regulation S of the Securities Act of the United States of America. Performed due diligence over company’s relevant documents and oversaw revision, regarding Guatemalan legislation the operative documents of the emission, and production of the local guarantee documents.
He has experience in cross-border mergers and acquisitions, overseeing due diligence proceedings over assets and corporate documents, as well as production of operative documents of the transactions.
He has experience in general commercial contracting.
- Attorney and Notary Public Cum Laude, Universidad del Istmo, Guatemala 2016.
- LL.M, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, Chicago, Illinois, USA. 2019
His role in the community
- Assistant professor of commercial contracts, Universidad del Istmo de Guatemala.
- Guatemalan Bar Association
- “Application of ICANN’s (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) Policy UDRP (Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution) procedure, to solve Registration of Marks Opposition’s from Guatemala’s Registration of Intellectual Property." Published by Universidad del Istmo Law School, 2016.
- "Should law firms be allowed to trade in public exchanges and have third-party financing?" Published by Universidad del Istmo Law School, 2020.