Gabriela assists companies and foreign investors who work in the areas related to renewable energies and the environment, to obtain their required environmental permits and comply with regulations and auditing principles to protect them from violations and penalties. She has participated in Due Diligence processes regarding companies in the energy, mining, hydrocarbons and industrial sectors. She also has broad experience in civil and commercial contacts, establishing commercial companies, real estate projects, administrative regulations, legal advising and notarial acts.
In 2006, she was appointed as an Environmental Arbitrator representing Guatemala before DR-CAFTA proceedings, and in the year 2013 for the Association Agreement EU-CA. She is a Lecturer at Universidad del Istmo where she teaches Environmental Law, as well as at Universidad Francisco Marroquín.
Gabriela was a Senior Associate at Arias for 9 years and now serves the firm and its clients as Of Counsel.
- Degree in Judicial and Social Sciences of Universidad Francisco Marroquín.
- Attorney and Public Notary from Universidad Francisco Marroquín.
- Master’s Degree in Environmental Law. University of Auckland, New Zealand. NZAID Scholar.
- Sworn Translator, authorized by the Ministry of Education to translate the English and Spanish languages.
- Guatemalan Bar Association
- Alternate Energy and Energy Savings comitee of the Guatemalan – German Chamber of Commerce (Cámara de Comercio e Industria Alemana – Guatemalteca)