Mayrolis joined Arias in 2015 and specializes in mergers and acquisitions, in addition, she provides legal advice in other areas such as commercial; banking; finance and insurance; and taxes and antitrust issues.
She has solid expertise in performing due diligence in the most diverse industries, for complex operational transactions, and for sophisticated mergers and acquisitions.
She has assisted in foreign finance structuring operations and constitution of local guarantees, advising to international banks, and multi-jurisdictional financial institutions.
An essential part of her daily activity takes her to Superintendence of Insurance and Reinsurance of Panama, where she assists well known foreign insurance companies, reinsurers and insurance brokers in the registration and renewal processes of their permits. She also brings value in antitrust matters with broad advice that includes her opinions in the risks and implications of potential economic concentrations and monopolistic behaviors, for which it also provides personalized in-house training for multinational companies.
She worked within the International Tax Services department of a Big Four accounting firm providing international and domestic tax and corporate legal advisory for multinationals companies and other relevant ones.
- Bachelor of Laws and Political Sciences of the Universidad de Panama.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Taxation and Fiscal Management of the Universidad Especializada del Contador Público Autorizado.
- Master in Taxation and Fiscal Management of the Universidad Especializada del Contador Público Autorizado
- Master in Procedural Law of the Universidad Latina de Panamá.
- Certificate of Finances for non-financists at the Universidad Latina de Panamá.
- Certificate of Legal English for Lawyers Program of Penn State Law and the Universidad Latina de Panamá.
- Listed as "Recommended layer" by The Legal 500
- National Lawyer´s Association of Panama.
- Member of the International Chamber of Commerce and is part of the committees of Antitrust and; Law and Commercial Practices.
Her role in the community
- The World Bank Group: Listed as an active contributor for The World Bank Group for their yearly editions for Doing Business (Starting a Business and Getting Credit - Legal Rights).
- Pro bono legal advice to the World Bank Group in connection with Panamanian legislation in their project's edition of Women, Business and the Law 2016: Getting to Equal, 2016.
- French (basic)