Jorge joined in 2010. His practice is focused mostly on corporate and commercial law, civil, notary, real estate and administrative law. He works with renowned national and multinational companies.
He has been involved in various merges and acquisitions, as well as due diligence processes; Jorge has vast experience on the constitution, modification, fusion, and liquidation of companies. Additionally, Jorge has carried out major projects of voluntary proceedings in Guatemala.
He worked, on behalf of the Firm, as an in-house advisor in the Guatemalan division of an important multinational company focusing his practice on corporate law, and on the hydrocarbon sector.
He previously held internship positions in the following public institutions:
- Municipality of Santa Catarina Pinula, department of Guatemala (Civil Registry, neighborhoods, and marriages).
- General Mercantile Registry of the Republic of Guatemala.
- Judicial body of Guatemala (second court of first instance for drug trafficking and crimes against the environment).
- Constitutional Court.
- Office of the Attorney General (Criminal Unit of the Office for childhood and adolescence).
- Law degree and degrees in attorney and public notary from Universidad del Istmo.
- Obtained a Diploma on the Guatemalan General Property Registry from the Guatemalan Bar Association and Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala.
- Member of the Guatemalan Bar Association since 2017.