Jorge Luis joined Arias as an associate after ten years of experience in legal practice. He also worked as Legal Counsel for Grupo Financiero de Occidente and served as Legal Analyst of Corporación Banco Industrial.
Jorge Luis specializes in Corporate Law, Project Finance and Banking & Finance Law. When it comes to Corporate Law, Jorge Luis advises local and transnational companies in a number of day-to-day affairs and is quite active in mergers & acquisitions. As for Project Finance, he assists creditors and other organizations in project development issues in Guatemala. As for Banking & Finance Law, he has wide expertise related with credits and financing facilities for prestigious banks and financial institutions. Furthermore, he has experience in complex loan agreements and structures, as well as trusts.
- Degree in Judicial and Social Sciences from Universidad Mariano Gálvez.
- Lawyer and Notary from Universidad Mariano Gálvez.
- Postgraduate studies in International Trade at Universidad de San Carlos of Guatemala in cooperation with Escuela de Comercio Exterior of the Guatemalan Exporters Association (AGEXPORT).
- Candidate to a Master in Banking Law, Insurance and Financial Markets, Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala jointly with Valencia University (Spain).
- Guatemalan Bar Association -CANG-