Roberto joined the Firm´s Tax department in 2019. His practice focuses mainly on tax and customs law and litigation, tax planning and energy law.
Before joining the firm, he focused his practice in advisory and litigation in tax and customs law in a local firm. He is experienced in energy law after working for the National Commission of Electric Energy.
He has developed as a professional in the area of criminal law while he worked for the Secretary of Criminal Policy of the Attorney General and for a local firm where he focused on tax, economic and corporate crimes.
- Law Degree, Cum Laude, from Universidad Francisco Marroquín.
- Authorized as a practicing Attorney and Notary Public from Universidad Francisco Marroquín.
- Postgraduate studies in Corporate and Tax Law from Universidad del Istmo.
- Guatemalan Bar Association.
- Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration (Young ICCA).
His role in the community
- Member of the participating team in the XV edition of the Elsa Moot Court Competition where he obtained the awards of “Best Written Submission Overall” and “Best Written Submission of the Respondent”.
- Member of the participating team in the VI International Commercial Arbitration Competition, organized by Universidad de Buenos Aires and Universidad del Rosario de Colombia.
- Economic Analysis of the Law Against Femicide and other forms of Violence against Women, a thesis prepared to obtain the Law degree and the academic degrees of Attorney and Notary Public.