Siaska has broad experience in Labor Law, Competition and Compliance, Telecommunications, Energy and Infrastructure, Concessions, Public Bids and Privatizations, as well as Administrative Law; she has experience in Anticorruption and Corporate matters advising local and multinational companies.
She was Partner for 21 years in a renowned firm in Panama and was in charge of supervising all the governmental procedures and negotiation formalities, collections inside the Litigation department and exercised as adviser of foreign investors in the main processes of privatization in the areas of energy, water, sugar, cements, among others.
In Telecommunications, she directed the group in charge of drafting the General Law of Telecommunications of Panama and its Regulation Decree in 1995, still binding.
From 2005 to 2009 she was Editor-in-Chief of the national newspaper La Prensa, the one with the largest impact on the Panamanian national and political agenda. After her career in the newspaper, she went back to private practice, joining the firm in 2011.
- Bachelor's Degree in Law and Political Science (summa cum laude) from Universidad Santa Maria La Antigua (USMA) of Panama, First Honor place.
- Masters Degree from Harvard University (LL.M)
- She is the neutral arbitrator for the International Centre for Dispute Resolution of the American Arbitration Association (AAA-ICDR), Miami-Florida, USA.
- Certified arbitrator for NAM (National Arbitration & Mediation), New York, USA.
- Certified arbitrator for the Panamanian Chamber of Commerce.
- Certified Public translator English/Spanish.
- "Recommended Lawyers" by IFLR1000
Or listed in Who's Who Legal Central America in the areas of "Labor, Employment & Immigration" and "Natural Resources".
Her role in the community
Siaska collaborates with the "Maestro en casa" program, which focuses on the literacy of adults living in the most in need communities in the interior of the country, through Radio Education of the ONG Institute for Radio Education (IPER) )
- Portuguese (intermediate)