Vicente Lines’s practice spans 20 years of complex transactions, acquisitions, financing, and adversarial negotiations experience involving regulated industries, corporate law, minority shareholders’ rights, real estate, and other complex legal issues involving private enterprises, the Costa Rican Government and international multilateral financial institutions.
His experience in the energy and infrastructure has involved financing of fossil fuel power plants in Honduras, acting as regulatory counsel and part of the team involved in creating the regulatory analysis of the acquisition of clean energy assets in Central America, counsel to the acquirer of the second private utility-scale PV generation facility, an active member of the Costa Rican Solar Energy Association during the effort to lobby the Government to pass regulations to foster distributed generation, counselor to multiple transactions to acquire wind power facilities.
Vicente has also cultivated a unique regional experience as regulatory counsel to competitive carriers, value-added service and infrastructure developers in the telecommunications sector. He has also worked with telecommunications infrastructure, service and equipment providers in market-entry issues throughout Central America. Vicente has represented telecommunications service providers in various transactional settings, including structuring of joint ventures with private local partners and the Government-owned incumbent operators in Costa Rica. Mr. Lines has advised infrastructure and service providers in licensing before the Costa Rican and Nicaraguan Telecommunications Regulators.
In his career as a transactional attorney Vicente has worked with regional, US and European investors in the private sector, in M&A in industries as diverse as auto retail, packaged foods, beverage, telecommunications, and real estate development.
- Juris Doctor –equivalent law degree- from Law School, Universidad of Costa Rica.
- Vicente holds an LL.M. in Common Law Studies from Georgetown University Law Center, in Washington, DC. Fulbright Scholar.
- Authorized as a practicing Attorney in the State of New York, United States of America
- Authorized as a practicing Attorney and Notary Public in Costa Rica.
- Listed in Chambers Latin America.
- Ranked in the "Band 1" category for his practice in the Corporate/Mergers and Acquisitions department, ranked in the "Band 3" category for his practice in the Banking and Finance department, and ranked in the "Band 2" category for his practice in the TMT department and recognized as "Leading Individual" by Chambers Latin America in 2015.
- Listed as "Recommended lawyer" by The Legal 500.
- "One of the 40 under 40 attorneys in Central America Latin Lawyer Magazine 2003."