Evangelina joined the firm since 2002; she plays a holistic role, is a full-time leader and lawyer with extensive knowledge in legal matters, who has been in the private practice of law for over 38 years, ensuring accurate and adequate advice for her clients.
Evangelina has led teams in the different practice areas and has participated in multi-jurisdictional mergers and acquisitions, and project financings of significance in Honduras and Central America, involving diverse sectors. She has advised several national and international companies, banks and insurance companies, energy, services, food, telecommunications, free zones, and integrates several boards of directors for Arias clients.
Other relevant experiences include her participation as legal advisor in the structuring, financing and sale of renewable energy projects with funding from international banks. She has also provided tax advice on complex operations successfully, both local and international operations.
- Law degree from Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras (UNAH).
Evangelina is recognized for her practice by the most prestigious international legal guides:
- LACCA Approved
- Chambers Latin America
- Chambers Global
- Who’s Who
- IFLR 1000
- Leading Lawyer in The Legal 500
- IFLR Women in Business Law 2020
- Chambers and Partners highlight Evangelina Lardizabal for being widely endorsed by market commentators for her expertise. Sources describe her as "very assertive" and go on to comment: "She is very knowledgeable about the local permit environment and she understands the business environment."
- "She is amazing, has lots of experience and is masterful in the corporate work that she does." Her expertise in high-level M&A deals is considered to be a real asset to the rest of her team. (Chambers and Partners)
- “I was very impressed by Evangelina Lardizabal because she did a terrific job.” (Client Comment – Chambers Latin America Confidential)
- “She is very good and manages due diligence very well. She is an all-round corporate lawyer, who can do all work of any size.” (Client Comment - Chambers Latin America Confidential)
- Colegio de Abogados de Honduras.
- International Bar Association (IBA).