Elisa joined the Tax Department since February 2017.
She has experience in the areas of Tax Law, Corporate, Customs, Civil and Compliance. Her practice in the firm focuses mainly on providing legal advice to various companies regarding tax planning, customs and tax procedures, the constitution of different types of companies, transformations, mergers and acquisitions, attention to regulated markets, tax and customs defense, among others.
Prior to her incorporation in the firm, she worked as a legal assistant in the areas of Labor and Immigration Law in a local firm, as well as professional internships at the Constitutional Court, the Real Estate Registry, the National Council of Adoptions, the National Registry of Persons , the Sixth Civil Peace Court, among others.
In addition, she is co-founder of the Legal Journal VOX IURIS in Guatemala, where she held the position of General Administrator for several years. During her university years she became involved in various social and civic consciousness projects, which have increased her performance in several Pro-Bono projects of the Firm.
- Degree in Law and the academic degrees of Lawyer and Public Notary, Cum Laude, from Universidad del Istmo.
- Postgraduate in Corporate and Tax Law at Universidad del Istmo.
- Diploma in Imports and Exports of Goods in Customs given by the School of Foreign Trade of the Guatemalan Association of Exporters -AGEXPORT-
- Certificate in International Trade and Customs Operations from the Centre of Studies on Economic Integration (CEIE) by the Secretariat for Central American Economic Integration (SIECA).
- Association of Lawyers and Notaries of Guatemala
- Areté Delegate – Alliance Defending Freedom, Santiago de Chile
- Associate in the Young International Fiscal Association Network -YIN-
- Development, redaction and edition of several interviews and newsletters of the Legal Journal VOX IURIS - Guatemala 2014 – 2017.
- “Análisis Dogmático-Jurídico de las Peores Formas de Trabajo Infantil en Guatemala a la luz del Convenio 182 de la Organización Internación del Trabajo -OIT- y la Iniciativa Legal 4849” – Universidad del Istmo, Guatemala 2016.
- Essay of “Análisis Dogmático-Jurídico de las Peores Formas de Trabajo Infantil en Guatemala a la luz del Convenio 182 de la Organización Internación del Trabajo -OIT- y la Iniciativa Legal 4849” – Auctoritas Prudentium Legal Journal of the Universidad del Istmo Law School, Guatemala 2017.
Her role in the community
- Areté Delegate – Alliance Defending Freedom, Santiago de Chile (2016)