Aurélie Huet joined the firm as Special Counsel in April of 2017. She focuses her practice on matters of International Litigation and Arbitration and of Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-corruption. With her multicultural background and her knowledge and experience of both Common Law and Civil Law systems, her practice has a true global reach. She contributes to the cases that she handles a high-value understanding of the differences among various legal systems and traditions as well as among diverse business and cultural customs, which has proved critical to securing successful outcomes in complex cross-border matters. She has represented parties in sophisticated cases conducted in French, English and Spanish and which have involved disputes in North America, Europe and Africa.
Prior to joining the firm, Aurélie worked at U.S. law firms in Paris, France and in the United States and gained further experience as an independent attorney also in the United States. Her practice focuses on advising and representing clients in complex litigation matters and in arbitration proceedings involving cross-border transactions and investments, which are handled under the rules or auspices of major arbitration institutions. Her representation covers the entire spectrum of the arbitration process, including enforcement and annulment of arbitral award proceedings before French and U.S. courts. Ms. Huet has experience in sectors including construction, energy, defense, information technology, telecommunications, mergers and acquisitions and cosmetics, mergers and acquisitions, insurance and reinsurance, and port concessions, among others.
- Admitted to the State Bar of California, United States.
- Admitted to the Paris Bar, France. (Inactive)
- Professor of International Arbitration at the Universidad Francisco Marroquín, Guatemala.
- Certificate of Aptitude to the Profession of Attorney, École de Formation Professionnelle des Barreaux de la Cour d’Appel de Paris.
- Master’s Degree (LL.M.) in Economic Globalization Law, (magna cum laude), Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne & Institut d’Études Politiques – Sciences Po, Paris, France.
- Master’s Degree (LL.M.) in International Taxation, (magna cum laude), Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas & École des Hautes Études Commerciales – HEC, Paris, France.
- Double program - Maîtrise in Law and Bachelor of Laws (J.D. equivalent) in French and English law, (magna cum laude), Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, Paris, France and King’s College London, University of London, London, England.
- Member, International Chamber of Commerce, Young Arbitrators Forum (ICC, YAF).
- Member, London Court of International Arbitration, Young International Arbitration Group (LCIA, YIAG).
- Arbitrator at international arbitration moot competitions (LL.M. International Commercial Arbitration Moot Competition, American University Washington College of Law, Washington D.C., 2016 y 2017).