Ivón has eleven years of experience in the intellectual property field. Currently she is head of the Intellectual Property Department of Arias Guatemala with practice especially in matters related to trademark registration, designations of origin, patents, copyright and Intellectual Property legal audits. She has been involved in the registration and organization of Appellation of Origin Antigua Coffee which was the first one to be registered in Guatemala. In addition, she has litigation experience related to civil and criminal complaints on Intellectual Property matters. She has been Professor on Intellectual and Industrial Property at Rafael Landivar, Del Valle and Istmo universities.
- Degree in Judicial and Social Sciences (Cum Laude) from the Universidad Rafael Landivar.
- LLM in Intellectual Property from the University of Torino and the Intellectual Property World Organization.
- Translator by the Board of Education.
- Next Generation Lawyer by The Legal 500
- Listed in Chambers Latin America