Ivón has more than fifteen years of experience in the intellectual property field. Currently she is head of the Intellectual Property Department of Arias Guatemala with practice especially in matters related to trademarks, geographical indications, patents, copyright, Intellectual Property legal audits, advertising, data protection and consumer protection. In addition, she has litigation experience related to civil and criminal complaints on Intellectual Property matters, including antipiracy and anticounterfeiting actions. She has been Professor on Intellectual and Industrial Property at Rafael Landivar, Del Valle and Istmo universities. In 2018, the Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI) included in its annual publication Intellectual Rights 23, her article entitled “Protection of Traditional Knowledge and Traditional Cultural Expressions in Guatemala: From the Constitutional Justice to the Legislative Function”.
- Degree in Judicial and Social Sciences (Cum Laude) from the Universidad Rafael Landivar.
- LLM in Intellectual Property from the University of Torino and the Intellectual Property World Organization.
- Translator by the Board of Education.
- Next Generation Lawyer by The Legal 500
- Listed in Chambers Latin America
- Member of the Interamerican Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI)
- Member of the International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Member of the Guatemalan Chamber of Intellectual Property
- Member of the Intellectual Property Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce in Guatemalan (AMCHAM)