Cristina has been an Associate with Arias since 2014, where she has developed her expertise in Mergers and Acquisitions, Labor and Immigration Law, Compliance, Anti-money Laundering and Anti-corruption. She is responsible for coordinating relations with Italian and German clients, among others, and advises foreign investors on developing their businesses in Costa Rica.
Cristina leads the practice area of Business Immigration Law services provided to executives and expatriates of the firm's national and international clients.
A native Italian, she acquired legal experience in Italy beginning in 2006. After obtaining her advanced degree (Licenciature) in Law in December 2005, she won a competition to develop her forensic practice under the Advocacy of the State of Italy working as a defender of Public Administrations in the areas of administrative, criminal and civil law. Subsequently she worked as an attorney with a Boutique Criminal Law Firm in Milan, Italy, where she specialized in Litigation, Environmental, Corporate and Criminal Law, also providing consulting services on compliance programs and corporate criminal liability to Italian and foreign companies as well as international groups.
- Cum Laude Licenciature in Law from the University of Cagliari, Italy. 2005
- Successfully passed the State Exam for Attorneys in Italy. 2009
- Tutor at the Universities of Cagliari and Milan, Italy, in criminal law, criminal tax law, criminal economic law and criminal law on minors. 2005-2014
- Winner of the university scholarship "Progetto Erasmus" that made it possible for her to study for one semester at the University of Munster, Germany from September 2003 to March 2004.
- Winner of the best speaker award in university procedural simulation Moot Court 2004 at the University of Cagliari, Italy.
- Director of the Board of Directors of the Italian-Costa Rican Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- “La desistenza volontaria e il ravvedimento attivo, di Vincenzo Serianni”, review in the legal magazine “L’Indice Penale”, CEDAM, n. 1/2009 (Subject: Abandonment and Active Repentance from Criminal Attempt).
- “La fase delle indagini preliminari ed il suo impatto sul “sistema” processuale vigente alla luce del “Progetto Alfano”, report of the Congress of the Chamber of Lawyers of Milan on June 25, 2009.