Herbert Girón is a team member of the Corporate and Transactional practice in Guatemala. His practice focuses mainly on the areas of corporate law, transactional law, estate planning and civil law. In the past years he has taken part in several Mergers & Acquisitions related to different business areas and industries. He has also coordinated at a regional level some of the business transactions that involve the different Central American jurisdictions.
He has advised client is matters related to corporate structure and restructuring, corporate governance, corporate compliance, and regulatory matters. Herbert Girón has also developed a practice in legal advice regarding antitrust matters in Guatemala.
His practice has also extended to areas of public law which has enable him to participate in the elaboration and implementation of corporate compliance programs related to anti-money laundering and anti-corruption provisions. His expertise and his experience in constitutional and administrative, including international law and foreign investment law, has enabled him to participate in public procurement processes and advise clients in other matters related to Guatemalan public administration and processes, including the Public Private Partnerships.
- Attorney at Law and Notary Public at Universidad Francisco Marroquin School of Law, summa cum laude, 2018.
- Master of Science in Tax Law at Universidad San Carlos de Guatemala, 2019.
- Guatemalan Bar Association
- Limitations to the Right of Amparo in Commercial Arbitration
- Deans Award at Universidad Francisco Marroquin School of Law.
- Jose Vicente Rodriguez Award of Civil Law at Universidad Francisco Marroquin School of Law.
- Jose Alberto Orive del Pando Award of Law Theory at Universidad Francisco Marroquin School of Law.