Herbert Girón joined the Corporate and Transactional Department of the Firm in 2018. His practice focuses mainly on the areas of corporate law and estate planning, and succession; He has worked teaching at the Faculty of Law from Universidad Francisco Marroquín, both as a trainer in the International Moot Courts Program and as an assistant professor.
Before joining the firm, he worked as an intern in the First Chamber of the Civil Branch of the Court of Appeals of the Republic of Guatemala and in Courts of First Instance of the Civil Branch.
- Law Degree, Summa Cum Laude, from Universidad Francisco Marroquín, Guatemala.
- Authorized as a practicing Attorney and Notary Public, from Universidad Francisco Marroquín, Guatemala.
- Guatemala Bar Association.
- Limitations of Protection in Commercial Arbitration, thesis prepared to obtain the Law degree and the academic degrees of Attorney and Notary Public.
HIS ROLE IN THE COMMUNITY
- Member of the team who participate in the VII International Competition of International Commercial Arbitration, Organized by Universidad de Buenos Aires and Universidad del Rosario from Colombia.
- Member of the Guatemalan National Champion Team and participant in the global rounds of the LVI International Public Law Competition Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition 2015 organized by the International Law Students Association.
- Member of the team who participate in the IX International Competition of International Commercial Arbitration, organized by the University of Buenos Aires and del Rosario University from Colombia.
- Member of the champion team in the IV National Interuniversity Debate Tournament in Guatemala, organized by the Association of Debates from Guatemala and Universidad Rafael Landívar.