Rolando has been an Associate at Arias since 2013. His practice focuses on corporate and commercial law, customs and transportation. Along his career, Rolando has specialized on in-depth contract revision, in the representation of foreign distribution companies, agencies, franchises, among others. He also has extensive experience in consumer rights protection, and has represented domestic and foreign companies in administrative proceedings before the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Commerce and provided them with assistance in complying with current regulations.
He has worked in the past as a legal assistant in the firm's litigation department, ganing experience in legal collection proceedings, civil and commercial litigation and arbitration. From 2010 to 2011 he worked in the National Women´s Institute, where he provided assistance and counsel for victims of domestic violence, accumulating experience in family law cases.
In 2011 and 2012 he served as assistant professor of contractual law. He has been a judge in several rounds of the David Soto Vallecillo Collegiate Human Rights Competition.
- Degree in Law, with specialization in technology, e-commerce and telecommunications, from Universidad de Costa Rica.
- He has also attended numerous conferences and courses in civil, family, constitutional and administrative law and arbitration.
- He is currently preparing to specialize in notary and registry law.
- Former member of the Assembly of the Faculty of Law at the Universidad de Costa Rica en 2010 y 2011.
- Former representative before the Academic Orientation and Evaluation Committee of the Faculty of Law during those same two years.