Rolando has been an Associate in Arias since 2013. He has focused his professional in the study and practice of Civil and Commercial Law, with extensive experience in Private Contracts Law, Corporate Law, Consumer Law and Customs Law. During his professional practice, Rolando has developed skills for the negotiation and deep revision of contracts in general, with specialization in modern commercial contracts: local and foreign distribution contracts, agency contracts, franchise contracts, manufacturing contracts, among others
He has successfully advised large local and foreign companies in the beginning of their operations in Costa Rica and has provided legal and commercial advice in complex negotiation, drafting and execution of contracts of all kinds. He has also provided legal advice in extensive negotiations to terminate contracts with local and foreign companies, with successful results for his clients. He has experience in civil and commercial litigation and has participated in complex cross-border and multidisciplinary litigation.
Therefore, he has been recognized as one of the most prominent experts in the region, highlighted by his clients for the quality of his responses and support.
He also has extensive experience in Consumer Law. He has advised local and foreign companies to comply with the applicable regulations in defense of consumers, and has developed preventive projects, aimed at mitigating the risks of his clients before consumers, including recall proceedings. He has also advised and represented multiple foreign national companies in administrative proceedings before the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Commerce.
Regarding Customs Law, Rolando has developed extensive experience in import and export procedures of goods, tariff classification, management of missing and surplus goods, and in complex administrative procedures for regularization and sanctions before the National Customs Service as well.
Rolando is a Notary Public registered and authorized by the Notary Administration.
- LLM in Civil Patrimonial Law, by the University of Salamanca (2020).
- Specialist in Notary and Registration Law, by the Latin American University of Science and Technology (2016).
- Bachelor and JD with a major in Technology, Electronic Commerce and Telecommunications, by the University of Costa Rica (2013).
- Assistant Professor of Private Contracts Law, at the University of Costa Rica (2010-2012).
Soon he will start his candidacy for the title of Doctor of Private Law at the University of Salamanca, under the research line of Contract Law.
- Lawyer incorporated to the Costa Rican Bar Association (2013-present).
- Member of the Civil and Commercial Committee of the Costa Rican Bar Association (2018-present).
- Member of the Ibero-American Association of Private Law (2019-present).
- Member of the Trade Committee of the Costa Rican North American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM) (2016-present).
- Member of the Illegal Trade Committee of the British Chamber of Commerce (BRITCHAM) (2018-present).
- Notary Public registered at the Notary Administration (2017-present).
Rolando García M ranks as one of the most prominent franchise and distribution experts in the region. He advises a range of clients who commend “the quality of his responses and support” (Who’s Who Legal, 2019.)
- Who’s Who Legal, 2019.