Flor de María joined the firm in 2006 and has worked in its Corporate Department, with practices in Commercial Trade, Corporate and Mercantile Law and Labor Law. She has focused on Commercial Trade, due to her experience working at the Trade Agreement Office of the Ministry of Economy, which is in charge of the administration of all the Free Trade Agreements (FTA) signed by El Salvador, such as the CAFTA-DR, Mexico, Chile, Panama, Dominican Republic. She advises local and international companies in themes related to the FTA´s, the use of their legal mechanisms such as:
- Counseling in the diligence of Advance Rulings before the US Custom Office to import products from El Salvador
- Dispute Settlement
- Application of antidumping and countervailing duties
- Among others
Also, she was member of the Legal Equipment in the first case of a Dispute Settlement of El Salvador, occurred under the Free Trade Agreement with Mexico, due to the prohibition to import salvadoran pharmaceuticals products to Mexico, ending with a favorable resolution to El Salvador.
- Degree in Licenciatura en Ciencias Juridicas from the Universidad Centroamericana José Simeón Cañas (UCA).
- Authorized as a practicing Attorney and Notary Public by the Supreme Court of El Salvador.
- Seminars provided by the World Trade Organization (WTO) in Argentine, Peru and Mexico, related to Trade in Services and Dispute Settlements in the Commercial Trade, Investments and Intellectual Property under the regulations of the WTO.