Luz has developed expertise in various areas of law since joining the firm in 2000, acquiring a high degree of expertise in the Intellectual Property practice. Currently a partner at the firm, she is part of the Intellectual Property team and her expertise includes the protection of trademark rights and trademark litigation, Trademark Licensing, Copyrights, among other topics. Luz has also practiced in the areas of Corporate and Commercial Law.
- Law Degree from Universidad Centroamericana “José Simeon Cañas” El Salvador.
- Authorized as a practicing Attorney and Public Notary by the Supreme Court of Justice of El Salvador.
- Postgraduate specialization in Intellectual Property Law from the University Castilla-La Mancha Toledo, Spain.
- She has done studies in Notarial Law at Universidad Centroamericana José Simeón Cañas (UCA), El Salvador and Fundación de Estudios para la Aplicación del Derecho (FESPAD).
- Masters Degree in Bioethics from the Universidad del Istmo.
- Named as "Associate to watch" by Chambers and Partners in their Global and Latin America guides. Luz is highlighted for her Intellectual Property practice and trade mark profile. According to Chambers, sources praise her work style and quick response times, and go on to describe her as a "brilliant and devoted lawyer".
- Listed as "Recommended layer" by The Legal 500
- Inter-America Association of Intellectual Property (ASPI).
- Salvadoran Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI).