Primary external legal counsel in El Salvador for major local and international companies within diverse industries, including: ChevronTexaco, 3M, United Airlines, Goldman Sachs, Caterpillar Financial Services, IFC-World Bank, WalMart, Starbucks, Grupo Siman among others.
Responsible for the ongoing management and coordination of domestic and multi-jurisdictional legal projects, including the structuring, negotiation and execution of complex acquisitions, divestitures and mergers, financial arrangements, corporate and tax planning, and conflict management and resolution.
Zygmunt is roundly recognized as a top-tier practitioner by market onlookers, with considerable experience in handling financing and capital markets’ projects, as well as complex multi-jurisdictional M&A transactions for clients acting in a diverse array of industries, including retail, automotive, banking and finance, and healthcare. These projects involve advice and legal coordination in more than 20 jurisdictions throughout Central and North America, and the Caribbean region.
- Juris Doctor Degree from the Universidad de Salamanca, Spain (1995) and also studied Communitarian European Law in Salamanca.
- Authorized as a Practicing Attorney and Notary Public by the Supreme Court of Justice of El Salvador.
- Attended the Program of Negotiation for Lawyers (PIL) at Harvard Law School.
- Studies in credit instruments and accounting for lawyers (PIL), Harvard Law School.
- Executive Program on Management (MPL), Yale University.
- Master in Business Administration (MBA) with honors, INCAE Business School.
- Recognized by LACCA as "Thought Leader 2018" in Banking & Finance categories
- Listed in Chambers Global.
- Listed in Chambers Latin America.
- Listed as a Leading Lawyer by The Legal 500.
- Listed in Who's Who Legal Global and Central America.
- LACCA approved
- Recommended Lawyer in IFLR Financial and Corporate Guide
- Recognized in 2003 as a leading legal practitioner in “40 under 40” by Latin Lawyer Magazine.
- International Bar Association (IBA).
- Founding Member of the Salvadoran Association of Banking Law (ASDEBAN).
- Senior Member of the Inter-American Bar Association (IABA).
- Chapter Chair (El Salvador), International Section in the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA).
- Arbitrator in the Chamber of Commerce, El Salvador.
- Basic French