Armando has experience in several practice areas in which he has led the Banking and Corporate Departments, specializing in Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions, International Commerce and Contracting, Banking Law, Fiscal Planning and Project Finance. His participation in leading numerous litigations and arbitrations which have been successfully concluded has been relevant.
He has also partaken in local and multinational transactions, such as joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions and project finance, including some of the biggest and most complex transactions in the region in recent times. He advised business groups in the negotiations of the free trade agreement (CAFTA) between the United States and Central America (2005) and the Association Agreement, a free trade agreement with the European Union (2008/2009).
His leadership and strategic vision have been fundamental in the firm's growth.
Among his contributions to the legal profession in El Salvador, it is worth mentioning his role as a professor of Commercial Law at the Faculty of Law at Universidad Dr. José Matías Delgado (1982-1993).
- Doctorate degree in Law from Universidad de El Salvador .
- Studied Economics at Universidad Centroamericana José Simeón Cañas, El Salvador.
- Attended the Program of Instructions for Lawyers at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Finance Certificate Diploma from The Wharton School of The University of Pennsylvania.
- Chambers & Partners recognized him in 2018 with the "Lifetime Achievement Award".
- Latin Lawyer praises him as “one of the most important lawyers in El Salvador and Central America”.
- Chambers Latin America commends him as “one of the most prestigious experts in the country”.
- World Finance Magazine awarded him as the Best M&A Lawyer in Central America.
- Chambers Global places him among the best Corporate and Banking lawyers in El Salvador.
- He is LACCA approved
- Listed as a Leading Individual by The Legal 500.
- Lacca approved 2020.
- Admitted as Higher Member of the Interamerican Bar Association since 1995.
- International Bar Association (IBA).
- Past President of the American Chamber of Commerce of El Salvador (AmCham) and current member of the board.
- President of the Salvadoran Banking Association (ABANSA) from 2008 to 2016.
- Former board member of the Latin- American Banking Federation (FELABAN).