Lilian has worked for over 25 years with some of the largest national and international companies in the region by assisting them in mergers, acquisitions, privatizations, financing and tax planning transactions.
She has advised international financial institutions in the structuring of loans and guarantees, as well as multinational companies.
Lilian advises companies on their corporate structures, corporate governance, as well as regulatory and restructuring issues, accompanying them in their expansion process inside and outside the country. She has advised boards in different areas, including corporate, financial and fiscal areas of practice.
She has coordinated acquisition and expansion projects in Central America and Mexico.
- Juris Doctor degree from the Universidad Dr. José Matías Delgado.
- Practicing Attorney and Notary Public authorized by The Supreme Court of Justice of El Salvador.
- Postgraduate studies in Corporate and Commercial Law from the Universidad de Salamanca, Spain.
- Program of Instruction for Lawyers, (PIL) at Harvard Law School.
- Ranked in the prestigious Chambers & Partners and Chambers Latin America guides in the "Band 1" category, highest ranking in 2017 and prior years.
- Listed as a Leading Lawyer by The Legal 500
- Latin Lawyer named her amongst the 50 most inspiring women in the Latin American legal profession 2013.
- Lawyer of the Year by Chambers Diversity in the category of Leadership in the Community 2015.
- Listed as a recommended lawyer in Latin Lawyer 2017.
- International Bar Association (IBA).
- Salvadoran Banking Law Association.
- Inter-American Intellectual Property Association.
- Center for Legal Studies of El Salvador.
- Salvadoran Intellectual Property Association.
- Young Presidents Organization (YPO).
- Fellow of the Central American Leadership Initiative (CALI) of the Aspen Institute.
Her role in the community
- Lilian is Chairman and founding member of LIDERA, a non-profit organization that promotes education and ethical conduct of lawyers.
- She is also an active member of the board of Exodus Foundation, a nonprofit Christian organization created to restore the lives of children at risk.