Jorge Luis Arenales has been a Partner of Arias for more than 20 years. He is the founding partner of the Guatemalan Office, and currently manages the Mergers & Acquisitions Department.
Jorge Luis is currently ranked in the highest positions, number one in all international legal directories, such as Chambers Partners, Legal500 y IFLR, in the areas in which he works. In tax matters, he has participated and advised regarding structuring in the transactions where he has participated, for both Buyers and Sellers, for the last 20 years, in almost all types of businesses, such as retail, pharmaceutical, energy, petroleum, construction and agroforestry investments.
- Law Degree from Universidad Francisco Marroquín, Guatemala.
- Authorized as a practicing Attorney and Notary Public.
- LL.M with honors from Northwestern University School of Law (Chicago).
- Certificate in Business Administration from Instituto de Empresa (Madrid).
- Program of Negotiation for Lawyers (PIL) at Harvard Law School in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- He taught the course of Mergers and Acquisitions at the Universidad Francisco Marroquín Business School.
- LL.M in Finance program where he was also the Director of the Continuous Education Seminars.
- Associate Professor in the Faculty of the School of Law of Universidad Francisco Marroquín.
- Member of the Advisory Committee of the Faculty of Law at Universidad del Istmo,
- Guest Speaker for the Graduate Studies Program of "Contemporary Mercantile Law Update", offered by Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala, the Institute of Mercantile Law and Colegio de Abogados y Notarios de Guatemala.
- Recognized as "Market Leader" 2019 by IFLR1000 in Energy, Media, Technology and Telecommunications, Oil and Gas.
- In 2003 he was included in Latin Lawyer Magazine´s "40 under 40" edition, selecting him among the best 40 lawyers under 40 in Central America.
- Leading Lawyer by "Who´s Who Legal" in Mergers and Acquisitions, since 2013 to this day.
- Ranked in Band 1 by Chambers & Partners- Latin America
- Leading Lawyer in The Legal 500
- Recognized as Leading Individual by the finance publication IFLR, in the corporate practice, since 2010 to this day.
- International Bar Association (IBA).
- Member of the Bar Association of Guatemala
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Institute of Mercantile Law of Guatemala.
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Faculty of Law of Universidad del Itsmo.
- Global Ambassador in Guatemala for Northwestern University.