Javier joined Arias in March 2018 after working at the IBD Invest as project attorney for 4 years. While at IDB Invest, Javier specialized in cross-border financing operations in Latin America and the Caribbean. He advised on private equity investments, corporate finance transactions, lending activities to financial intermediaries and project finance deals. He has practiced in the energy, agribusiness, manufacturing, retail and financial sectors.
Javier also worked in Arias as an Associate from 2008 to 2013 before pursuing his LL.M. at American University Washington College of Law. During that period, Javier provided legal support to corporate clients, including heavily regulated companies, on their day-to-day activities.
His experience also includes participating in M&A transactions.
- Law degree (J.D. equivalent) from Universidad Dr. José Matías Delgado.
- Authorized as a practicing Attorney and Notary Public by the Supreme Court of El Salvador.
- American University Washington College of law, LL.M.
- Special Legal Consultant in Washington, D.C.
- Admission to practice law in New York, in process.
- Alumni Fund Scholarship (American University Washington College of Law)