Valeria has been a part of Arias since 2011. From 2011 to 2013, her practice focused on litigation, including judicial debt collection, civil and criminal law. Since 2013 to the present her practice has been focused on Intellectual Property and Innovation.
She is an attorney renowned for developing innovation strategies for different companies that include drafting of non-disclosure agreements, non-competition, intellectual property agreements, and intangible asset protection policies.
Her expertise also includes personal data protection and she has provided counsel to different local and multinational companies on database identification and registration. Our clients recognized her for her ability to solve complex problems relating to industrial and intellectual property area and for her in-depth knowledge of highly complex areas.
- Law degree from Universidad de Costa Rica with the thesis "Unfair Competition by the use of registered trademarks in Costa Rican legislation” which was granted with honors.
- Specialist in Notary and Registration Law.
- Professor at the Emphasis of Technology, Electronic Commerce and Telecommunications of the Law career, Universidad de Costa Rica.
- Global Privacy Enforcement Report (2015).
- Costa Rican Bar Association (2015).