The energy sector in Central America is mostly private. Currently, efforts are being made to promote and develop generation projects based on new technologies. These include renewable resources such as solar, biomass and wind, among others; making this industry an attractive prospect for local and foreign investment.
Our lawyers specialized in this field can advise in the successful development of generation projects, from the initial investment phase to operations, as well as in the distribution sector and electricity market.
Our firm provides:
- Assistance in bidding processes to supply power generation from different sources, renewable or not, in all stages.
- Legal advice to energy distribution companies.
- Legal advice in relation to regulatory compliance issues among different public entities.
- Legal advice to private power generators.
- Advisory services to large energy consumers in the development and support of contracts of sale or supply.